Construction of the Community Center
The construction of the Community Center began on October 23, 2017 and the inauguration ceremony took place on April 13, 2019!
• April 2019 – The following purchases were made locally in Nepal during the visit of Alaya members and some donors: sewing machines and accessories for sewing lessons, school supplies, books for children, and crafts essentials.
• Work accomplished: tables, benches and shelves for the children’s room and the training room, electrification of the building, installation of sanitary facilities and water supply.
• Exchange of Services: The village of Aarket Bazar, located in the valley, bought a solar panel that the villagers of Budhathum installed on the Community Center’s roof. Thanks to the panel, part of the population now receives better wave reception, and the other part has access to light and electricity.
• August 2018 – The work is nearly 80% complete, allowing the students to start their school year in a safe building.
• May 2018 – The roof was built before the monsoon.
• October 2017 – The construction plan designed by engineer Prakash Silwal’s office is approved by the Construction Committee and BWS, the building permit is issued, and the construction budget is revised and approved.
• October 2016 – Establishment of a fundraising campaign accessible to all members, and identification of private and public donors.